Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Charlie Sheen pays for funeral of paparazzi photographer who died while following Justin Bieber's car
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 10:31 AM
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
The 'Anger Management' star has paid a generous $12,000 towards 29-year-old Chris Guerra's burial costs after hearing through a photographer pal that his family was trying to raise funds for the service, due to be held on Friday.
The 47-year-old actor told TMZ: "A tragic incident like this erases the line between the photographer and the subject. It's an unforgiving moment that begs us all to be human and work as one to prevent this in the future.
"As parents, we are all not supposed to bury our children. My deepest condolences to the families involved."
The kind-hearted star was shocked by the news that Chris was struck by a car on New Year's Day while crossing a busy road in Los Angeles after trying to capture a shot of Canadian singer Justin's white Ferrari. Justin was not in the vehicle at the time, having lent it to two friends.
This isn't the first time that Charlie has used his cash for a good cause.
The actor - who has moved in with his 24-year-old porn star girlfriend Georgia Jones - gave his 'Scary Movie 5' co-star Lindsay Lohan $100,000 to help pay off her $233,904 tax bill last year.