Carey Mulligan's parents have a soft spot for LaBeouf
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
The parents of Irish American actress Carey Mulligan have given her beau Shia LaBeouf the thumbs up.
LaBeouf is your typical boy next door and Carey your typical girl next door so why wouldn't mama and papa Mulligan be happy about it!
The star of the "Transformers" movies came bearing gifts for Nano and Stephen Mulligan when they first met and this impressed Carey's parents a lot.
They really liked his chivalry and like that he is dating their daughter.
LaBeouf was first romantically linked with Carey last September when they filmed "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps" together.
A friend of LaBeouf told the National Enquirer: "Her parents were worried that Shia was just another Hollywood player who would hurt Carey. Shia did his best to prove he's the real deal."
The actor apparently gave Mulligan's mother a Hermes scarf and her father an iPad.
"They thought it was sweet," the source added. "He enjoyed spoiling them a bit."
Be the first to make a comment.
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...