Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Boston Irish Mark Wahlberg finds it hard not to spoil his kids
Posted on Sunday, March 25, 2012 at 10:57 AM
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
- Amy Adams takes credit for her kiss with "cute" Jennifer Lawrence in 'American Hustle'
The 40-year-old ‘Contraband’ actor – who has children Ella, eight, Michael, six, Brendan, three and one-year-old Grace with wife Rhea Durham – admits he likes to treat his brood but insists they understand the importance of giving back.
He said: “I do spoil them to a certain extent but they also understand that not a lot of people have this life.
“My kids like giving back. My daughter’s always telling me: ‘Pop, I’m going to take these toys to the hospital for the sick kids and the less fortunate’. They still live in the real world but it’s a fine line. I certainly want my kids to have everything that I never had but you also want them to appreciate the value of things.
Robert Pattinson strips down for 'Cosmopolis' - VIDEO
Mini-series 'Titanic' set to air - starring Maria Doyle Kennedy and Ruth Bradley
“Nobody in my family, my parents or their parents, had money or success. I worked hard to get what I have and I still work hard every day.”
Having been raised by as the youngest of nine children in Boston, Massachusetts, Mark believes fame and fortune haven’t diluted his working-class attitude.
He told the Metro newspaper: “Obviously, I am still the same at the core. Just because you have money doesn’t really change you.
“Listen, I’ve always thought that at any time it could all go away and I could end up right where I came from. I have a lot of people keeping me grounded: my wife, my mother and my friends.”
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...