Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Argo' director Ben Affleck enjoys his success more now that he's older
Posted on Friday, January 11, 2013 at 08:46 AM
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
He told E! News at the National Board of Review Awards in New York on Monday: "I think I'm at the point now where I just got older. I've got a little grey hair. You develop a perspective. I've been doing this a long time--I've been doing this since I was a kid...I learned a lot of bad lessons and ran into a lot of bad ends, and finally I just got to a point in my life where I thought, 'I'm just going to do what I want to do and express myself as a director and an actor' and hope for the best, but not worry too much about what other people say."
The father-of-three - who shares three children, Violet, seven, Seraphina, three, and Samuel, 10 months, with his actress wife Jennifer Garner, also claims his children aren't aware that their parents will be attending glitzy award shows over the next few weeks because they "are a little young".
He said: "They know, like, the idea that we're going on a date, but they don't know that we're doing a show where they give awards out and that kind of thing."
The actor also revealed he is looking forward to his wife accompanying him on the red carpet.