Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Anne Hathaway thinks life is 'f***ed up'
Posted on Saturday, August 06, 2011 at 10:57 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
The 'One Day' actress was shocked in 2008 when Raffaello Follieri, her boyfriend of four years was jailed for four-and-a-half years for fraud and money laundering, and while she admits it is unusual for someone in the public eye to go through such a situation, she insists she isn't the only person bad things have happened to.
She said: "People deal with horrible things all the time.
"Downstairs in this pub, someone is battling cancer. Someone has lost their job.
"Life is really f***ed up and it's really painful sometimes.
"I think it's unusual for someone in a position of prominence to go through something like that, but it's not really unusual in life."
The 28-year-old actress – who is now in a relationship with Adam Shulman – is looking forward to turning 29 later this year as she thinks it marks the beginning of a new phase in her life.
She explained in an interview with Britain's Marie Claire magazine: "I think it's the beginning of a process that really blossoms when you hit 30.
"It's where you stop apologizing for who you are. And it's knowing things. It's nice to not know things and that's OK. People aren't going to judge you for asking questions. That's such a freedom."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...