Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Amy Winehouse had no illegal substances in her system when she died - VIDEOS
Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 12:45 PM
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaffrey
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
The tests revealed the 'Rehab' singer – who was found dead in her home in Camden, north London, on July 23 at the age of 27 – had alcohol in her body at the time of her passing, but it is not known if it contributed to her death.
A statement released by her family today read: "Toxicology results returned to the Winehouse family by authorities have confirmed that there were no illegal substances in Amy’s system at the time of her death. Results indicate that alcohol was present but it cannot be determined as yet if it played a role in her death.
"The family would like to thank the police and coroner for their continuing thorough investigations and for keeping them informed throughout the process. They await the outcome of the inquest in October."
International tributes to tragic popstar Amy Winehouse pour out - VIDEOS
Amy Winehouse's father unveils plans for a commemorative foundation
Sinead O’Connor says she's desperate for sex and love
A post-mortem was held last month on July 25 - the day before Amy's funeral, where she was laid to rest in a private ceremony - to find out what caused her death but immediate results were deemed inconclusive.
Some reports had previously suggested the 27-year-old star's cause of death could have been as a result of quitting alcohol after years of heavy drinking, causing her body a shock or seizure.
Following Amy's untimely passing, her father Mitch Winehouse is planning to set up a rehab charity in her memory, with the headquarters set to be at her £2.5 million home.
He said: "It could include help for children in trouble, kids suffering health problems, children's hospices and more. We want to make a positive difference."
However, Mitch's plans have been delayed because someone else has already registered his proposed name The Amy Winehouse Foundation.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...