Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
American Airlines slammed as hypocrites for throwing Alec Baldwin off a flight
Posted on Thursday, December 08, 2011 at 11:19 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
His spokesperson Matthew Hiltzik tweeted: "@AMERICAN_AA: How come ok 4 other 1st class passengers 2 tweet while @alecbaldwin asked to leave while using his device? #hypocrisy … 1st clss passngers can tweet, but @alecbaldwin asked to leave? (sic)"
Alec has also been defended by boxer Oscar De La Hoya, who was also on the flight and said the incident has been "blown out of proportion".
More celebrity gossip from IrishCentral
Irishman dropped child at day-care and robbed a New Jersey bank
Duffy’s Cut archaeologists search for descendants of murdered John Ruddy
Oscar told 'Access Hollywood': “There wasn’t no slamming of doors or nothing like that. I mean, it was, I think, blown out of proportion.
“I don’t know him very well but he seemed like a good guy. He wanted to play his words game! I mean, that’s all he wanted to do!”
Alex – who claimed he was removed from the flight for playing Scrabble-like game 'Words With Friends' on his iPad device while the plane was still at the gate – has now deleted his twitter page, but signed off with a photo captioned "let Alec play".
In their statement following the incident, American Airlines did not name Alec, 53, directly but said they had to deal with an "extremely rude" passenger.
They said: “This passenger declined to turn off his cell phone when asked to do so at the appropriate time.
The passenger ultimately stood up (with the seat belt light still on for departure) and took his phone into the plane’s lavatory. He slammed the lavatory door so hard, the cockpit crew heard it and became alarmed, even with the cockpit door closed and locked.
“They immediately contacted the cabin crew to check on the situation. The passenger was extremely rude to the crew, calling them inappropriate names and using offensive language. Given the facts above, the passenger was removed from the flight and denied boarding.”
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...