Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Alec Baldwin wanted to kill ex-wife Kim Basinger's lawyer "with a baseball bat"
Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2012 at 09:25 AM
- Demi Lovato's new tattoo reminds her of overcoming difficult things in life
- One Direction's Harry Styles wants to date royalty to improve his credibility status
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart have reportedly split up - again
- Suki Waterhouse pursued "Hangover 3" star Bradley Cooper
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
Despite the anger he felt towards Kim and her lawyer, Alec confessed to Vanity Fair magazine that their relationship is now "cordial" and the pair speak "from time to time" about their 16-year-old daughter Ireland.
On April 11, 2007, the actor left an angry voice mail message in response to an unanswered arranged call with his daughter in which he called her a "rude, thoughtless little pig" and gossip website TMZ.com released the tape.
At the time, Alec would have liked to "gut'' TMZ founder Harvey Levin for posting the recording on his website.
He fumed: "I wanted to stick a knife in him and gut him and kill him, and I wanted him to die breathing his last breath looking into my eyes."
The 54-year-old star blamed his anger issues on his career, saying: "You know, Hollywood does draw some very strange characters, and then the power of Hollywood and what they can do with it becomes like a blood sport to them."
Although he didn't think he would marry again after his split with Kim, Alec revealed he couldn't help falling for Hilaria, who he credits with putting him on a diet and keeping him away from alcohol.
He said: "I thought, I'm probably never going to meet somebody like this again, and so I decided I would get married ... which is kind of mind-blowing to me."