Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Alec Baldwin has been slammed as 'extremely rude' by American Airlines
Posted on Thursday, December 08, 2011 at 09:15 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
Without directly naming Alec but referring to an “extremely vocal customer”, American Airlines said in a statement on Facebook: “This passenger declined to turn off his cell phone when asked to do so at the appropriate time. The passenger ultimately stood up (with the seat belt light still on for departure) and took his phone into the plane's lavatory.
“He slammed the lavatory door so hard, the cockpit crew heard it and became alarmed, even with the cockpit door closed and locked.
"The cockpit crew immediately contacted the cabin crew to check on the situation. The passenger was extremely rude to the crew, calling them inappropriate names and using offensive language."
However, the 53-year-old star – who caught a later flight – claimed he was removed from the flight for playing Scrabble-like game 'Words With Friends' on his iPad device while the plane was still at the gate.
Writing on his twitter page, he said: "Flight attendant on American reamed me out 4 playing WORDS W FRIENDS while we sat at the gate, not moving. No wonder america air is bankrupt.
“Last flight w American. Where retired Catholic school gym teachers from the 1950's find jobs as flight attendants. (sic)"