Tennis star Caroline Wozniacki won't move to Ireland for Rory McIlroy
Says it is “too cold” to consider living there full time with golf pro
Danish tennis star Caroline Wozniacki has said she would never move to Ireland to be with boyfriend of one year golfing star Rory McIlroy. Her reason? The weather.
"I love Ireland, I've been over there many times but I wouldn't live there. It's too cold for one thing," said the 21-year-old Wozniacki.
She has, however, adopted her Co Down boyfriend's Irish lilt.
"I know, everyone has been saying that I have an Irish accent now, it has rubbed off on me but I don't think my accent has rubbed off on him," added Caroline, according to the Herald.
She also said she's hoping that McIlroy will fly over from Ireland after he's finished playing in the Irish Open tournament to cheer her on at Wimbledon in London.
"He's coming over for the second week, hopefully. I was talking to him earlier and he's getting on great.
"He's back home now and getting ready for the tournament, so all's good," she said.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm