Sexy Danica Patrick getting green light on NASCAR with Earnhardt
Indy star in talks to join forces with Dale Jr.
- Video / Danica's 2009 Sports Illustrated swimsuit shoot / Click here
- Photo gallery / Danica's pictures will start your engines! / Click here
- Story / Danica Patrick - driving herself into the history books / Click here
- Photo gallery / Danica Patrick, the race driver / Click here
It is the biggest story in auto racing for decades.
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has made it clear that he wants Danica Patrick to join his NASCAR team, bringing about one of the greatest auto racing stories in American history and joining two legendary figures in the sport.
The Earnhardt name is the most famous in Nascar while Patrick is the only female to ever crack the top echelon of race drivers in the Indy series. She placed 3rd in the 2009 Indianapolis 500, which Wikipedia reports was both a personal best for her at the track and the highest finish by a woman in the event's history.
Danica Sue Patrick was born on March 25, 1982 in Beloit, Wisconsin. Her Irish-American parents, TJ and Bev Patrick are great racing fans. Her father, TJ, raced snowmobiles, motocross bikes and midget cars while her mother worked as a mechanic.
With her Irish good looks and sexy style, (Patrick's bikini pictures are top sellers, St. Patrick she ain't) and daredevil drive behind the wheel Patrick would bring incredible star power to the male dominated NASCAR world, and open the sport to millions of new fans.
It was reported last year that she was the second top female search term that year.
In May 2006, she published her autobiography, "Danica: Crossing the Line."
With her win in the 2008 Indy Japan 300, Patrick became the first woman to win an Indy car race. Patrick currently drives the #7 Boost Mobile/GoDaddy.com Honda/Dallara for Andretti Green Racing.
She also has an equity stake in her #7 team. It was Danica's sister Brooke who got her hooked to racing at the age of 10. She soon became a racing freak and joined the World Karting Association (WKA).
In 1994, at the age of 12, Danica won the WKA Grand National Championship in the Yamaha Sportsman class. She also won karting titles in 1995 and 1996. In 1997, she won the Grand National Championship in both the Yamaha Lite and HPV classes.
In 1998, at the age of 16, Danica moved to England to focus on racing and join the Formula Vauxhall Winter Series. In 1999, she finished ninth in the racing season. In 2000, she finished second in Formula Ford Festival.
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Caroline Kennedy “selfie” in Japan reveals...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Ireland wins top spot on Forbes’ Best Countries
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Cork mother grieves for husband, son and...