We all know the Irish have a way with words and wit.
Here are our selections for the top ten uniquely Irish insults from the top 100 list compiled by Frank McNally for the Irish Times.
1. The tide wouldn’t take her out.
2. A bigger bollocks never put his arm through a coat.
3. If it was raining soup, he’d be holding a fork.
4. As thick as manure but not as useful.
5. The evil of two lessers.
6. He has Irish Alzheimer’s: it makes you forget everything except the grudges.
7. May a cat eat you, and may the devil eat the cat.
8. Short life to you on this side and hell on the other!
9. If you laid all the economists in the world end to end, they still wouldn’t reach a conclusion.
10. The Irish are a fair people. They never speak well of one another.
Log in with your social accounts:
Or, log in with your IrishCentral account:
Don't have an account yet? Register now !
Join IrishCentral with your social accounts:
Already have an account ? Log in
Or, sign up for an IrishCentral account below:
Make sure we gathered the correct information from you
You already have an account on IrishCentral! Please confirm you're the owner.
Our new policy requires our users to save a first and last name. Please update your account: