Rick O’Shea, an Irish radio DJ on RTE’s 2fm, asked his listeners what questions they think should be asked on an Irish citizenship test, and they responded with some very amusing answers.
O’Shea’s team then made a poster to convey all the favorite responses.
Here’s a few of our favorites:
1. You are told that someone is "going spare," should you
(a) Find him a job
(b) Find him a girlfriend
(c) Avoid him
2. Do your parents ever start conversations with "Do you know who's dead?"
3. Ming the Merciless is
(a) A comic book character
(b) A TD and Mayor from Co. Roscommon
4. What is a holy show?
(a) Religious programming
(b) Something garish worn without the wearer knowing the impact
5. Do you live in immortal fear of leaving the immersion on?
6. Someone says "I like your top." Your response is:
7. If a feature on the RTE news reports that an incident took place at tea time what time did the incident occur?
8. "Story horse!" translates as:
(a) A child's toy
(b) A greeting between friends
9. "Bleedin rappih" means:
(a) It's very fast
(b) It's very good
10. If someone was a 'gas man', would they:
(a) work for the gas company
(b) be really funny
11. You'll get "some land" means:
(a) you're about to become the owner of some property
(b) you're about to be surprised
12. Do you have an ineradicable belief in the restorative powers of flat 7up?
13. When you're telling someone a great yarn and they implore you to "Stop," do you
(b) keep going with gusto
14. If someone offers to "put you in the pot", should you
(a) flee from the cannibals
(b) accept their kind offer of dinner
Answers for multiple choice questions: c,b.b,b,b,b,b,b,b,b,b.