The top ten worst Irish compliments
You won’t want anyone to say this about you
The Irish are famous for flattery, but also for the bitter word when it suits. This is what happens when they combine the two.
“His brother was worse”
When the priest at a Kerry funeral asked someone to say anything nice about the unpopular deceased and this was the only response.
“He’d jump over ten naked women to get to the bar”
Describing an acquaintance and his love for the hard stuff.
“Ah sure you’re not the worst of them”
Usually uttered by Irish fathers to sons as their way to pass on a compliment.
“I love your hair color, especially the roots’
A bitchy Irish woman to another.
“You’re a very modest man, sure you have a lot to be modest about”
Comment aimed at a successful neighbor usually.
“We’re a fair race we never speak well of each other”
Writer George Bernard Shaw on his own people.
“The problem with the Irish is when they are not drunk they are sober”
Attributed to various writers including W.B. Yeats.
“So what first attracted you to the millionaire?”
Comment made when a young woman bags a rich old guy.
“He’s just a little slow, it only takes him an hour and a half to watch ’60 Minutes’
Usually uttered about a neighbor’s child.
“Your idea of romance is popping the beer can away from my face."
Woman overheard on a date with the local Irish bar fly.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Owners of Boston’s Burren Pub to host CD release party while helping homeless...
- Irish nanny lawyers in Boston murder case obtains computer records...
- New Boston mayor wants to abolish ICE fingerprinting policies...
- Boston nanny lawyer seeks computer records of slain baby’s family...
- Caroline Kennedy sworn in as new U.S. ambassador to Japan...