There are some things that Irish people have to deal with on a daily basis that really grind our gears. Here are just a few of them:
1.Public transport timetables that are more of a suggestion
2. Lack of choice when it comes to political parties
3. When the shower's cold because someone forgot to switch the immersion on
4. The five hours of sunshine we get a year
5. ATMs that only give out €50s
6. When you're stuck in on a Saturday night with only this for company
7. The Leaving Cert. Dear god, the Leaving Cert
8. The fact we never win at Eurovision (anymore) And yet these acts did:
9. The fact that we never win at soccer
10. Friends posting selfies from Bondi Beach every 2 minutes.
11. THE WIND. Too often this …
... has led to this:
12. Machines that don't take new €5 notes
13. People abroad think we do this all day
Ah shure, it'll be grand.
14. This is not a hospital bed
15. When a pub only sells an off-brand of your favourite drink
16. Taxi drivers that don't have change
17. Hairdressers that don't understand the words 'a little off'
18. When you're surrounded by sports fanatics We're a nation of sports lovers, I GET IT.
19. 'Sure aren't you lucky to have a job at all?'
20. Cattle tracks for roads
*Originally published in September 2013