The Great Blasket Island Visitor Center, Kerry: Located on the mainland in Dún Chaoin, on the tip of the Dingle Peninsula, is an interpretative center/museum detailing the unique community who once lived on the Great Blasket Island. The center details their lives as subsistence fishermen and farmers, their traditional way of life and also the extraordinary amount of literature which the islanders produced.
Céide Fields Visitor Center, Mayo: Beneath the wild boglands of North Mayo lies the Céide Fields, the most extensive Stone Age monument in the world. The Visitor Center has won several awards, includi
Kilkenny Castle, Kilkenny: The castle stands dramatically on a strategic height that commands a crossing on the River Nore and dominates the 'High Town' of Kilkenny City. Over the eight centuries of
Barryscourt Castle, Cork: Barryscourt Castle is the 16th century seat of the Barry family. The present castle is a fine example of an Irish tower house. Both the First floor Main Hall and the Second Floor Great Hall have been extensively restored with fittings and furnishings reinstated. The Orchard has been restored to an original 16th century design.
Casino at Marino, Dublin: The Casino at Marino was designed by Sir William Chambers as a pleasure house for James Caulfeild, 1st Earl of Charlemont. It is one of the finest 18th century neo-classical buildings in Europe. The Casino, meaning "small house", surprisingly contains 16 finely decorated rooms, endlessly rich in subtlety and design. It is a remarkable building - both in terms of structure and history.
Castletown House, Kildare: Castletown is Ireland's largest and earliest Palladian style house. It was built between 1722 and 1729 for William Conolly, Speaker of the Irish House of Commons. In 1967 the house was purchased by the Hon. Desmond Guinness, founder of the Irish Georgian Society for £93,000, and was opened to the public.
Demond Hall, Limerick: Desmond Banqueting Hall is an imposing structure that was used by the Earls of Desmond for banqueting and entertainment. The Hall, vaulted lower chamber and adjoining tower were all constructed during the 15th century. Its restored medieval features include and oak musicians' gallery and a limestone hooded fireplace.
Slideshow will continue in 5 secondsSKIP