It is as old as time but political sex scandals in recent years have mushroomed with the spread of the Internet and new texting and messaging tools. Here is my list of the top ten
1. Bill Clinton -- 'I never had sex with that woman'
2. Gary Hart - 'Follow me around I have nothing to hide' shortly before he was caught on a yacht called 'Monkey Business' with starlet Donna Rice.
3.'He adopted a wide stance'-- famous legal defense after Idaho Senator Larry Craig was caught trying to pick up an undercover cop in an airport restroom
4. 'Someone hacked my account' -- Anthony Weiner
5.'I made a profound mistake'. Congressman Chris Lee after sending semi naked pictures of himself on Twitter
6. 'I made a terrible mistake" Senator David Vitter after admitting sleeping with a hooker.
7.' I apologize profusely' --Senator John Ensign after admitting an affair with his wife's best friend.
8. 'You're so hot' VP candidate John Edwards picking up Rielle Hunter while his wife was dying of cancer
9.'I am a gay man' Jim McGreevey New Jersey governor admitting he was gay as his wife watched
10.'He was client # 9' cop statement about New York governor Eliot Spitzer after he admitted he used hookers.
Log in with your social accounts:
Or, log in with your IrishCentral account:
Don't have an account yet? Register now !
Join IrishCentral with your social accounts:
Already have an account ? Log in
Or, sign up for an IrishCentral account below:
Make sure we gathered the correct information from you
You already have an account on IrishCentral! Please confirm you're the owner.
Our new policy requires our users to save a first and last name. Please update your account: