Everyone gets a treat throughout the month of October if they pick from the assortment of Irish Cultural Centre of New England educational and cultural events. Here are just a few to mention at the start of the month:
- Irish Comedy Tour kicks off the month with a rip roaring show on Friday night, October 5. Doors open at 7 pm and show begins at 8p.m. Tickets available in advance for $20 per person and at the door for $25 per person. Adult audience only.
- Mass & Breakfast, Sunday, October 7th at 11 a.m. Breakfast following Mass for a charge of $12 for adults; $5 for ages 4 to 12; and children age 3 and under for free.
- Opening Reception of Photo Exhibit of Irish Musicians by T. C. Fitzgerald, ICC Pub, Wednesday, October 10th at 6 p.m. for all to welcome and meet Mr. Fitzgerald. Exhibit can be viewed during pub hours from October 10th to 29th.
- A Broth of a Boy, acclaimed one-man show based on the life of Dublin’s renegade and writer Brendan Behan, starring Charlestown’s own Danny Venezia, opens at the ICC on Thursday, October 11th, 8:30 p.m. Opening Night tickets are $10 per person. General admission tickets for Friday, October 12th and Saturday, October 13th are $15 per person.
- Genealogy 101: An ICCNE workshop giving attendees a practical guide to finding the origins of their Irish ancestors on Saturday, October 13th from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Catholic records and resources will be emphasized. $20 for ICCNE members; $25 for non-members.
- ICC Canton Céilí on Sunday, October 14th features set dancing, waltzes, quickstep and traditional dance from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. No partners necessary. $10 per person at the door.
- ICC Author Series features Braintree’s Tom MacDonald author whodunit mystery The Charlestown Connection (Overview Publishing, 2011) Thursday, October 18th 7 p.m. Autographed copies of this 2012 Best First Novel Indie Book Award winner will be available for purchase.
- Shamrock Shake: Monthly Dance each third Saturday of the month. Saturday, October 20th 7p.m. features Dan Hallissey. Open to the public; all ages welcome; no partner required. $10 per person at the door.
For more information about upcoming events at the Irish Cultural Centre please visit the ICCNE website at www.irishculture.org, call 781-821-8291 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.