The campaign against speculated cuts has gathered momentum in the past two weeks with over 200 people signing an online petition against any cuts and large numbers traveled from Longford to attend the event on Saturday.
(Source: The Longford Leader)
All cases of misdiagnosed miscarriage recorded over the past five years, as well as the cases of any other women now coming forward with stories of similar incidents, are to be reviewed, the Health Service Executive (HSE) said last week.
While earlier last week the HSE said cases of misdiagnosed miscarriage were “very rare”, about a dozen women have come forward over the last week with stories of having been wrongly told by maternity hospitals they were carrying dead babies, only to give birth later to healthy infants.
Earlier last week, Melissa Redmond from Donabate, Co Dublin, said she was prescribed an abortifacient after an initial scan at Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Drogheda, in July 2009 showed no foetal heartbeat.
Before taking the drugs and by following her own gut instinct, she sought another scan from her GP who discovered the baby was alive.
A review of her case also found the scanner used in her misdiagnosis to be inadequate but it continued to be used for another six months.
When it was replaced in January this year it was only by a “leased” machine.
(Source: The Irish Times)
A Ballina man who was deported from Israel along with his wife and three other Irish citizens has called on Mayo people to boycott Israeli goods to help stop what he describes as a ‘slow form of genocide’, which is taking place in Gaza.
Derek Graham from Ballina, along with his wife Jenny, former UN assistant secretary-general Denis Halliday, Nobel Peace Prize winner Mairead Maguire and film-maker,
Fiona Thompson arrived in Dublin airport last Monday after being deported from Israel.
(Source: Mayo News)
A historic day for the county was how the Minister for Transport and self-declared proud Meathman, Noel Dempsey, described the opening of the M3 motorway as he cut the green and gold ribbon Friday morning last on a section of the new motorway outside Navan.
The scheme signifies a major investment in the physical infrastructure of the region, he told the sun-drenched gathering, which included public representatives, Chamber of Commerce members, representatives from the National Roads Authority, the Eurolink consortium which built the road and many other groups involved in the building of the M3.
A small group of protesters who had campaigned against the motorway route going through the historic Tara-Skryne landscape was prevented by Gardai from getting onto the new road at the Athboy Road/Navan North interchange for the formal opening.
(Source: The Meath Chronicle)
An Taoiseach (Prime Minister) Brian Cowen officially opened the Offaly Local Development offices at Millennium House on Main Street, Tullamore last Friday.
And he encouraged people in Offaly to avail of the €11.5million in funding the development company has been awarded under the Rural Development Program 2009 to 2013.
(Source The Offaly Express)
The Promoters of a biopark for Tibohine are adamant that construction and ground works will begin at the site in Ballinphuill before the end of the summer, with or without the support of the local people.
Tibohine residents are claiming that they have been “misled” by the company planning to establish the bio-park.
So incensed are they by the plans by the company to seek a 25,000 ton waste license from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) that they have commenced a signature campaign against the development, have lodged objections with the EPA.
(Source: The Roscommon Champion)
A Sligo town drug gang have been using high tech tracking equipment to bring drugs ashore in West Sligo.
A wooden pallet of drugs was floated from a boat a few miles off Aughris and picked up by gang members who brought the drugs back to Sligo.
The criminals then made their way back to Sligo via a maze of back roads, some weeks ago.
Gang members have been using quiet beaches like Dunmoran and Trabhui to drop off the drugs over the past 15 years, according to sources.
(Source: The Sligo Champion)
The fabulous new Tipperary Technology Park in Thurles was officially opened last week by the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Innovation, Batt O'Keeffe TD bringing a total investment by Shannon Development in the Park to €7.4 million.
The €3.6 million Innovation Works 3 comprises a 21,500 sq/ft two-storey office building and associated site works including an increase to the existing car parking area with the total industrial space in the Park now over 45,000sq/ft.
(Source: The Tipperary Star)
Log in with your social accounts:
Or, log in with your IrishCentral account:
Don't have an account yet? Register now !
Join IrishCentral with your social accounts:
Already have an account ? Log in
Or, sign up for an IrishCentral account below:
Make sure we gathered the correct information from you
You already have an account on IrishCentral! Please confirm you're the owner.
Our new policy requires our users to save a first and last name. Please update your account: