The Tyrone board have been waging a campaign to secure government funding for the £6.7m project but those efforts have so far proved unsuccessful.
In his annual report, McCaughey says this is "unfair and unreasonable".
However, he adds that the county has all the "necessary finances in place" to complete the Garvaghey project.
(Source: BBC News)
Just five job announcements were made for Waterford over the three-year period from 2008 to 2011 by the IDA. It also emerged in a report ordered by the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation that in 2008 just 39% of graduates, in the county, were able to secure work in the county, according to the Employment Action Plan for the South East which was released last Friday.
The plan, ordered following the decision by Talk Talk to move its call centre from the city with a loss of 575 jobs details the struggle that Waterford and the whole South East Region is currently facing, with unemployment at a staggering 18.2% compared with the national average of 14.5%.
While no new jobs announcement came with the report, the plan revealed that the IDA would assign a “clear priority” to the region with a view to attracting additional investment to the area particularly in sectors like Life Sciences, Financial Services and new areas like Clean Tech.
(Source: Waterford News &Star)
The controversial closure of the westbound carriageway on the M6 motorway between Athlone and Ballinasloe, which was due to start on Monday, has now been postponed until the spring.
Local traders had strongly criticized the pre-Christmas closure of the road to facilitate drainage improvements on its surface.
And it's understood that, following discussions between Roscommon County Council and the National Roads Authority, it has now been agreed to delay the work until after the winter.
The posponment was welcomed by Athlone councillor Kevin 'Boxer' Moran.
"I think this is wonderful news for traders throughout Athlone because the closure would have had a huge impact, particularly in the lead up to Christmas," said Cllr Moran.
"This work still needs to be done but the money to do it has not been lost and it will now take place in the spring."
(Source: Westmeath Independent)
A Dublin woman who told a judge she had to leave the scene of an accident because of "a pressing engagement", has been ordered to pay €22,500 in personal injury damages and €30,000 in legal costs.
Catherine O'Halloran said in the Circuit Civil Court that her Lexus jeep had "nudged" the bumper of a car at a round-about in Ferns, Co Wexford, in May 2009 but had "obviously not caused any damage."
O'Halloran, of Springmount, Ferndale, Shankill, Co Dublin, old Circuit Court President, said she had exchanged insurance details, but left before gardai arrived.
The driver and two passengers were awarded €7,500 each plus legal costs.
(Source: The Irish Independent)
A teenager who went missing from Ashford for over a week has been found safe and well.
On Tuesday (November 29) the Gardai issued an appeal seeking assistance from the public in the search for missing 16-year-old Sean Lennon. He had last been seen wearing a grey hooded top, jeans and white runners on Tuesday November 22.
Gardai believed he may have been located in Dublin city centre as it's an area he was known to frequent.
He was found in Dublin later in the evening of November 29 and the HSE is now caring for him.
(Source: The Wicklow People)
More news from Ireland on IrishCentral