The Irish government has not ruled out sending a team of investigators to Mauritius for a probe into the unsolved murder of Michaela McAreavey.
Deputy Prime Minister Eamon Gilmore said that such a move would be considered in the future if further investigations into the death of the 27-year-old school teacher proved unsuccessful.
Gilmore said that while he "fully respects the court process", he was "very concerned that an urgent examination of the case be taken to make sure that justice will be seen to be done."
The daughter of Tyrone football legend Mickey Harte, 27-year-old Michaela was found strangled in the bathroom of her honeymoon suite in January 2011.
A seven week trial ended last week with the acquittal of the two men charged with her killing. Last Sunday, a local newspaper, the Sunday Times printed a series of graphic images from the crime scene.
On Tuesday, the newspaper issued an apology following a public outcry about the images.
Director of the Mauritian Sunday Times, General Imran Hosany, said the motive was not sensationalism but was "to recall that such a heinous crime remained unpunished."
Since the acquittal of the two former hotel workers, a public campaign has been launched in efforts to get tourists to boycott Mauritius.
Gilmore said his department would not be issuing any advice about choosing the Indian Ocean island as a tourist destination.
"I don’t think there is any doubt but that what has happened to Michaela McAreavey will have considerable consequences for Mauritius and the tourist industry in Mauritius. I don’t think anyone would expect it to be otherwise," Gilmore said.