The Irish American Bar Association of New York & Brehon Law Society of New York present a wine reception and benefit for the Irish Innocence Project at the Irish Arts Center, 553 West 51 Street: November 23, 2015 7 - 9:30pm.
Two countries. One cause.
The Irish American Bar Association of New York and the Brehon Law Society of New York have invited the Irish Innocence Project to present a mini-version of the first ever International Wrongful Conviction Conference and Film Fest hosted in June, with a wine reception and benefit on November 23rd at the Irish Arts Center, 553 West 51 Street, NY.
So now Dublin is coming to New York!
This is an exceptional event with many of the most prominent leaders of the innocence movement so don't miss out. Get your tickets now at eventbrite. Seating is limited and tickets are selling fast.
The Irish Innocence Project is a non-profit in Ireland that is investigating more than 30 presumed wrongful conviction cases. It needs your help to continue its work as its funding recently has been gutted. It is now self-funded. It is the only innocence project serving Ireland and provides all its services for free to people believed to have been wrongly convicted.
Guest speakers for this one time only, special event:
- Barry Scheck and Peter Neufeld, co-founders of the Innocence Project
- David McMahon, co-director along with Ken Burns and Sarah Burns of The Central Park Five
- Erin Moriarty, 48 Hours correspondent and lawyer
- David Langwallner, dean of law and founder of the Irish Innocence Project
- Sunny Jacobs and Peter Pringle, American and Irish death row exonerees, married couple and co-founders of the Sunny Center sanctuary for exonerees
- We hope you bring your heart and your checkbook.