World Giving Index shows Ireland to be 2nd most charitable country - after US
Even amid financial crisis, the Irish rally round
According to a new survey released this week by the group Charities Aid Foundation (CAF), Ireland is currently the second most charitable nation in the world.
The new report, titled the World Giving Index 2011, lists the US as the most charitable country in the world, followed by Ireland and then Australia.
The report closely examined the charitable behavior of people in 153 countries, measuring three leading indicators they call 'giving money,' 'volunteering time' and 'helping a stranger.'
The heart Ireland - nations compassion and social awareness
The study indicates that the world has become a more charitable place in last 12 months with 2% more charity givers in the global population opting to 'help a stranger.'
The most generous nation in Europe overall, the study found, is Ireland which also ranks second globally.
Last year, Ireland was ranked in third place internationally. This year the study found that 75% of the Irish population gives money to charity every month, 38% volunteered their time and 65% helped strangers.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
pronounced HESUS there were many born in December none were anything exceptional--all this rubbish stuff where are your brains guys & gals ?????Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent says Immigrant Council
Barry- I am a born and bred New Yorker. I was raised in one of its meanest City Projects, educated in its ghetto schools. Skin color has no meaning to25-car pile up looked like a “war zone”, snowy winter weather hits New York
Amazing how a little bit of slippery stuff screws up the the mundane average driver--Daughter of Sandy Hook principal wears wedding dress mom picked out
What a sad,sad thing. There will be a lot emptiness in their homes at Christmas this year. I feel overwhelmed for them. I hope that they know that God