White Christmas is off the cards for Ireland as temperatures rise
Forecasters rule out repeat of 2010 blizzards
An outbreak of mild weather has dashed all hope of a white Christmas in Ireland this weekend.
Forecasters are predicting that temperatures could go as high as 11 degrees Celsius in and around Christmas day.
Icy conditions were replaced by improving temperatures and rainfall in the greater Dublin area as the weather improved on Monday.
Experts at the government’s Met Eireann weather service say the weather will continue to improve throughout the week.
More news on Ireland's weather from IrishCentral
“It doesn’t look at this stage like we are going to have a white Christmas,” said forecaster Joanna Donnelly, a year after the country was engulfed by heavy snowfalls.
“Monday will see rain and a return to more normal temperatures. Temperatures on Monday and Tuesday will range between 7C to 10C, increasing on Wednesday.”
Donnelly confirmed that mild weather is expected on Christmas Day and St Stephen’s Day, with dry conditions in most areas.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Photo shows Irish revolutionaries three years...
Could this man be one of the unnamed, Micheal Mac Ruairi, origially from Mayo,lived in the gate lodge at Pearse's school, and worked in the school.Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
Cahir, You made yourself seem to be a petulant child. All those words, to say I hate Palin. As I read them I couldn't help but think of how it soundedBill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an unrepentant “communist”
testIrish drugs mule to escape full trial and benefit from early release in Peru
Gosh, the brunette was dressed REAL appropriately for a court appearance, wasn't she? If they did the crime, why shouldn't they have to do the time?