Wedding guests survive horror elevator plunge in Killarney
Five wedding guests survived a horrifying experience with just broken bones when the lift at their Killarney hotel plunged two floors.
Miraculously no-one was seriously injured in the accident at the Plaza Hotel in the center of the Kerry town.
The five were on their way down to the wedding reception in the hotel’s ballroom from the second floor when the lift plunged to the basement car park.
Emergency services were immediately called to the four star Plaza hotel and cutting equipment was used to gain access to the lift.
The five, from Dublin and Kildare, were treated at the Kerry General Hospital in Tralee where doctors treated them for nothing more serious than broken bones.
The hotel has confirmed that the lift was serviced within the past month.
“We will co-operate fully with the investigations already underway by health and safety officials,” said a hotel spokeswoman.
The Plaza Hotel is part of the Ring Hotels chain owned by the local O’Donoghue family and is a well-known and popular venue for weddings.
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Dublin cops foil hit on drug kingpin John...
Everyone disregard my post that is unfinished. I hit enter by mistake, sorry.Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air hostess calendar
Chuck I didn't realize that you had a great sense of humor, that was to funny. I actually had to watch it two or three times before I came to my decisThe New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-praised economic recovery
Maybe the Times should question Obama's recovery.Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christmas (PHOTOS)
And to you Chuck a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New year. I have my New Year resolution already and that is to stop antagonizing you, enough is en