The top ten celebrity reactions to Barack Obama’s election win - from Donald Trump to Niall Horan
Stars use social media to express their opinions on the President’s victory - VIDEO
On Tuesday, the Election night became the most tweeted about event in U.S. political history.
There were more than 31 million election-related tweets on Tuesday night, according to Twitter spokeswoman Rachael Horwitz.
"Twitter brought people closer to almost every aspect of the election this year," Horwitz said.
"From breaking news, to sharing the experience of watching the debates, to interacting directly with the candidates, Twitter became a kind of nationwide caucus."
In the moment following Obama’s win there was a frenzy, with a peak of 327,000 tweets a minute. Here’s a selection of tweets from some of the most popular celebrities on Twitter after Obama’s victory was announced.
1. Donald Trump @realDonaldTrump
We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!
2. Eva Longoria @EvaLongoria
'Me and my friends celebrating! I'm on (sic) tears! Moving the country forward!!! Obama!!!'
3. Olivia Wilde @oliviawilde
Olivia Wilde echoed: 'AMERICA! You have spoken! Women! You have been heard! Young people! You proved them wrong! Tireless Obama volunteers! I THANK YOU!'
4. Niall Horan @NiallOfficial
Wey hey! Come on @barackobama ! Champion! What a man! 4 more years
5. Rihanna @rihanna
Put one in da air for the Prez!!!! Our dear Obama!
6. Beyonce on Instagram : 'TAKE THAT MITCHES.'
7. Lady Gaga @ladygaga
I JUST GOT OFF STAGE IN COLUMBIA!! CONGRATULATIONS MR. PRESIDENT @BarackObama We are so proud to be American tonight! YES!!! YES! YES!!
8. Jim Carey @JimCarey
Congrats Mr. Obama! Sincerely hope dems and reps can be better dance partners this time out!
9. Martha Stewart @MarthaStewart
Hooray! My power is back in; Obama has succeeded; now lets get back to work and make things better, really better.
10. Cardinal Dolan @CardinalDolan
My letter of congratulations to President Obama: "The Catholic Bishops of the United States offer our prayers"
Watch Barack Obama's Victory Speech in Full below:
15 - 32 | See all comments
- Notre Dame sues federal government again...
- Caroline Kennedy “selfie” in Japan reveals...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Ireland wins top spot on Forbes’ Best Countries
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Cork mother grieves for husband, son and...
For Woundedknee. Seamus Ludlow was a civilian that's was murdered by 4 loyalist gunman one night while thumbing a lift home from a night out in DundalNotre Dame sues federal government again over birth control
These "faith-based institutions" are businesses NOT churches....BIG businesses. Their varied employees should not be made to involuntarilyKatherine Webb and the morbid depths of US sports 'journalism'
@JohnnyYank: If you set out to prove the above point, with your racist, ignorant and hateful rant, well then Sir, you have succeeded. Another victoryNotre Dame sues federal government again over birth control
Tandoori Nights have you not got a bonfire to prepare or a an orange demo to attend?