Tens of thousands expected to mob Croke Park for President Obama’s rally
Public appearance will attract large crowds
The public will not be charged to see Barack Obama at the planned public rally in Croke Park in Dublin next month. An expected crowd of 80,000 will pack in the Gaelic football stadium to catch a glimpse of the U.S. President.
Details of ticket allocation have not been formally announced but reports suggest they may be offered on a first come, first served basis.
It is expected that all those who attend the rally will have to undergo strict security precautions as they enter the GAA stadium.
The national stadium will be free for that Sunday as the National Football league will have concluded and the first championship game is not due to take place until June.
Sources have said that the logistics of the rally have yet to be finalized.
The event is expected to take place on Monday May 23, when the president is expected to arrive in Dublin. But the GAA were requested to reserve Croke Park for Sunday May 22, to facilitate the rally.
The U.S. President will also visit his ancestral home in Moneygall, County Offaly.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
Comparing baboon and chimpanzee species to "races" of the one species Homo Sapiens is, to borrow Barry's words, "offensive and ridiculoIreland crowned “Top Tourist Destination” for second year by USA travelers
WE love the $ simpleSpanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air hostess calendar
She must be the only "holier than thou " judge in EspanaDunnes Stores protesters attended Nelson Mandela’s funeral
Another of of misguided socialist idiots