Ten non-Irish-born who could run for President of Ireland - PHOTOS
After Martin Sheen’s move, more could look to run
Martin Sheen has close to 4,000 Facebook users urging him to run for President of Ireland, an election that takes place in October but nominations are still open. The major qualification is that you are an Irish citizen or are eligible to become one.
Here’s our Top Ten non-Irish born for president:
1. Daniel Day Lewis - Irish citizen lives in Ireland and has played Irish roles, including one of the Guildford Four in ‘In the Name of the Father’ and Christy Brown in’ My Left Foot’. A definite winner on looks.
2. Olivia Wilde - Irish citizen and Hollywood heartthrob right now after starring the O/C she has cracked several major film roles.Would kill on the red carpet,especially as she flashed a boob on one reception line recently.
3. Tony Blair - Mother from Donegal qualifies him as an Irish citizen -- his work on the peace process would endear him to many but Iraq war might make it difficult.
4. Ronnie Wood - Rolling Stones guitarist is a long time resident and music legend. However running off recently with an 18-year-old cocktail waitress from Russia might prove a problem.
5. JP Donleavy - author of ‘The Ginger Man; has long lived in Ireland and is an Irish citizen. His risque book about sex and drugs in the 1950s Ireland might endanger his bid however.
6. Micheal Flatley - parents from Ireland -- has a residence there, would certainly enliven the office and tap dance to work every day.
7. Don Keough - former Coca Cola president and Irish American powerhouse. Was granted citizenship by the Irish government some years back.Would help sort out the economy.
8. Mick McCarthy - former Irish soccer manager now manging Wolerhampton Wanderers in the premiership. Known the length and breath of Ireland.
9.Shane McGowan - Pogues lead singer would be an interesting one. Lots of versions of ‘Seven Drunken Nights’ at the Aras
10. Martin Sheen - already being pushed by thousands on a Facebook page.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
SylviasDaddy, that IS a recording of Jimmy Durante singing "Make Someone Happy".Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent says Immigrant Council
I'd like you to tell an Irishmen or Irish woman to her face that Ireland is a British country, Curitiba. It's very easy to say things on an online chaSarah Palin is saving Christmas
Ah Nicomax, the book is about saving Christmas not destroying Buddha, therefore one needn't being angry to celebrate the birth of Christ.Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
Palin, as with many angry Christians, continue to conflate Jesus Christ with God. An attack on Jesus is an attack on God. Of course as we know a major