Sinead O’Connor calls for a new Catholic Church
Mixed message from Irish singer/songwriter
In a newspaper column on Sunday, Sinead O’Connor called for the formation of a new Catholic church.
"We need a church that honors the sacraments and does not dictate who God can love or not love," she said.
"If we stick to the sacraments and honor them fully, the rest will follow."
Her comments come after her recent announcement of the end of her third marriage to Steve Cooney (57) after eight months.
The 45-year-old had married her most recent husband on tour in Europe last summer.
The mother of four has often spoke about suffering from bipolar disorder.
Her new album "Home" is set to be released in June. The singer-songwriter is preparing for a tour of the UK in Ireland over the summer months.
15 - 67 | See all comments
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Bono, Gerry Adams, President Higgins all...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
Coyle should leave the priesthood, get married, and have a few kids. Punishment indeed.Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after applying for same-sex marriage license
Neglecting the hungry and aborting babies is also sinful, olovely if you were wondering.An open letter in strong defence of capitalism to Pope Francis
IC has screwed up again. Sorry Dompedro but that is my comment on Dec10,2013,0146 pm est. I wish that IC could correct these mistakes.Shirley MacLaine and Billy Joel among John F. Kennedy Center honorees
It is disgraceful that they haven't given the Kennedy Center award to true entertainment legends like Maureen O'Hara or Mickey Rooney. What are they