The letter to Pope Benedict XV1
'I know I have been an imperfect being'
- Video / Fr.Tarrant describes the final hours of Ted Kennedy's life / Click here
- Blog / Father Tim / Rest in peace
- Photos/ Ted Kennedy in Ireland / Click here
- News / A great Irish chieftain has passed / Click here
- Multimedia / Videos and photos - Irish visit, immigration, The Kennedys/ Click here
Excerpts from the letter from Sen. Edward M. Kennedy to Pope Benedict XVI.
"Most Holy Father I asked President Obama to personally hand deliver this letter to you. As a man of deep faith himself, he understands how important my Roman Catholic faith is to me, and I am so deeply grateful to him. I hope this letter finds you in good health.
"I pray that you have all of God's blessings as you lead our church and inspire our world during these challenging times. I am writing with deep humility to ask that you pray for me as my own health declines.
"I was diagnosed with brain cancer more than a year ago and although I continue treatment, the disease is taking its toll on me. I am 77 years old and preparing for the next passage of life.
"I have been blessed to be part of a wonderful family and both of my parents, particularly my mother, kept our Catholic faith at the center of our lives. That gift of faith has sustained and nurtured and provides solace to me in the darkest hours.
"I know that I have been an imperfect human being, but with the help of my faith I have tried to right my path.
"I want you to know Your Holiness that in my nearly 50 years of elective office I have done my best to champion the rights of the poor and open doors of economic opportunity.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
I find it amusing that the mouthy canuck actually is stupid enough to think everyone in the US is "packing heat." Maybe you can't spell gunNatasha McShane’s family living a ‘nightmare’ as Heriberto Viramontes’ trial begins
Someone who is proud to be a Canuck is not really in any position to judge the intelligence of anyone else. Just saying.Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for new flag for Northern Ireland (VIDEO)
A sibling can apply for an Irish passport. Any sibling of an Irish person meaning a sibling born outside of Ireland bonehead. One really does have toNelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning its arms during 2000 talks
Eiriamach!! The IRA were fighting state terrorism and had massive support in the 70's and 80's and I am disappointed you take the side of unionism and