Prices of a pint in Ireland 170 percent higher than the rest of Europe
Rip off Republic is alive and well
If you're Irish there's yet another good reason for that sinkhole in your wallet. According to Eurostat, the statistical information agency, Irish residents pay 70 per cent more than the European Union average for alcohol and tobacco products.
In fact Irish people are paying the fifth highest prices in the EU for consumer goods and services, with the levels at their most expensive in Denmark and at their cheapest in Bulgaria.
Irish people face the second highest costs for food and non-alcoholic beverages, some 20 per cent more than the average, with Danish residents paying most.
The cost of restaurants and hotels in Ireland was the joint third highest the EU, behind Denmark and Sweden and tied with Finland. It's a finding our tourist board might want to examine.
'This large price variation is mainly due to differences in taxation of these products among member states,' Eurostat announced.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
Quoting Churchill to an Irish audience to make a point is not the silliest part of this sad missive. Like so many "Conservatives" Conboy mBill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an unrepentant “communist”
Obama is not a socialist, that is why you got ACA run by private insurance companies instead of Single Payer. I know he's not a socialist because I amUnionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for new flag for Northern Ireland (VIDEO)
More 'fried brain' nonsense...A sibling of an Irish person...is Irish...stay out of the Sun, 'n keep trying, cobber!!!Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after applying for same-sex marriage license
Hi alisaann, in truth, the ones who lose the most are the children. Marriage affords most people a means to bequeath possessions to the family without