Israeli government accuses Ireland of blocking ban on Hezbollah
Claims Irish government is main opponent within EU
Israel has accused Ireland of blocking its demand that terror group Hezbollah be put on an international blacklist.
The Irish Independent reports that Israeli government officials have said that Ireland, with support from Sweden and Finland, is the main opponent within the EU, leading opposition inside the Union to its proposal.
A spokesman for the Irish embassy in Tel Aviv said that a formal proposal to ban the "military wing" of Hezbollah has been made by only one member state and that this is being considered within the working group.
Ireland chairs the group as the current EU president.
He added that talks were held on Tuesday but further discussions on the matter will be required.
Last week, an Israeli lobby launched attacks on Irish-born Samantha Power, who was announced as the next U.S. ambassador to the U.N., accusing her of having an anti-Israel, pro-Palestinian bias.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
Niall O'Dowd, as for my typos, can't you tell a bit of irony and parody when you see it?An open letter in strong defence of capitalism to Pope Francis
Quoting Churchill to an Irish audience to make a point is not the silliest part of this sad missive. Like so many "Conservatives" Conboy mBill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an unrepentant “communist”
Obama is not a socialist, that is why you got ACA run by private insurance companies instead of Single Payer. I know he's not a socialist because I amUnionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for new flag for Northern Ireland (VIDEO)
More 'fried brain' nonsense...A sibling of an Irish person...is Irish...stay out of the Sun, 'n keep trying, cobber!!!