Irish rental car industry does away with over 70 ban
The Irish rental car industry has gotten rid of its previous controversial 70-year age limit on visitors who want to rent cars in Ireland.
Now, travelers of any age can rent, though those who are over the age of 70 may have to pay a surcharge.
The previous ban angered seniors that were told they can’t rent a car, even if they had an excellent driving record.
The industry’s justification was that the elderly, more so than young people, would have difficulty navigating Ireland’s narrow winding roads.
If you’re 70 or older, and want to drive in Ireland, you can compare senior surcharges at different car rental companies at www.autoeurope.com.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
Ugh .. this man... I sincerely hope I am not related to him anywhere down the line considering I am/was O'Reilly.... Does he really need to make commeSarah Palin is saving Christmas
Celebrate Christmas but not a Christian !! Emm....isn't celebrating Christmas about christianity, otherwise change the word...Virginia governor slammed by doctor over plain cigarette pack rejection
Proud C2, I quit 38 years ago. But unlike you liberals I do not wish to control everyones lives. I people want to smoke, have at it. It is called choiVirginia governor slammed by doctor over plain cigarette pack rejection
I wonder if the Governor of Virginia put up similar protests on behalf of his constituents when the slave trade was outlawed everywhere else but his m