Irish Minister for European Affairs Lucinda Creighton in NYC for meetings
Creighton attending a Bloomberg conference
The Irish Minister of State for European Affairs, Lucinda Creighton, is in New York this week to attend a Bloomberg conference on sovereign debt.
Creighton intends to use the opportunity to outline Irish economic progress and highlight the important trading relationship between the U.S. and the European Union.
“I am delighted to be able to participate in this event. It is important to recognize the extent of the trading relationship between not just Ireland and the U.S. but also between the EU and U.S.,” Creighton said.
Companies from both regions invested $2 trillion in each other’s markets last year. There is scope to increase this further.
“A zero tariff policy between the U.S. and EU would increase GDP by around $180 billion over five years, more than the potential from the successful conclusion of the DOHA trade talks.”
While in New York, Creighton also met with contacts in the United Nations and New York Stock Exchange.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
pronounced HESUS there were many born in December none were anything exceptional--all this rubbish stuff where are your brains guys & gals ?????Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent says Immigrant Council
Barry- I am a born and bred New Yorker. I was raised in one of its meanest City Projects, educated in its ghetto schools. Skin color has no meaning to25-car pile up looked like a “war zone”, snowy winter weather hits New York
Amazing how a little bit of slippery stuff screws up the the mundane average driver--Daughter of Sandy Hook principal wears wedding dress mom picked out
What a sad,sad thing. There will be a lot emptiness in their homes at Christmas this year. I feel overwhelmed for them. I hope that they know that God