10,000 faithful disappointed as Virgin Mary fails to show at Knock
Organizer claims he saw Our Lady and that she revealed a 'secret' message
- News / Journalist challenges original miraculous sighting of Virgin Mary at Knock in 1879 / Click here
- Father Tim column / Virgin Mary was in Ireland, but Irish Catholic Church was missing in action / Click here
- Video / Apparition of the Virgin Mary at Knock shrine / Click here
- Susan Boyle/ How Knock shrine changed her life /Click here
More than 10,000 people were left disappointed in Ireland Saturday as the Virgin Mary failed to appear as predicted at Knock Basilica.
By 3 p.m. Irish time (10 a.m. EST) about 7,000 people had crammed into the Basilica with a further 3,000 people outside.
Dubliner Joe Coleman, the man who had predicted the apparition left the Basilica at about 4 p.m. saying he had seen Our Lady as anticipated.
Coleman, who says he is “a visionary of our Blessed Mother” said he had also received communication from the Virgin Mary.
However, he said he was unwilling to reveal the message.
Speaking earlier this week Coleman had he warned that the visitation would only be visible “to people who come with an open heart”.
Earlier this month an estimated 5,000 gathered at Knock Shrine with some people claiming to have seen the sun dancing in the sky.
Mr Coleman said the Virgin Mary had asked him to recite the Rosary with a priest in the Basilica and he said he was disappointed that the Catholic Church had declined to make one available.
Also speaking earlier this week, the Archbishop of Tuam, Dr Michael Neary, said such gatherings were not condoned by the Church.
“It is not healthy, does not give glory to God and . . . is not good witness to the faith to be looking for extraordinary phenomena,” he said.
- Megyn Kelly says Santa and Jesus are white,...
- Irish outrage over NY Times pigeon-eating...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Engaged couple fired by Catholic school for...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- How the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
The racist and anti-Catholic eiriamach should ask for leave from her klavern for a week or two and pay a visit to Ireland. She might learn something,Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Israeli comments aired on show
Blue shirt, I applaud NO terrorism, not Palestinian, nor Israeli! Peter, I don't care how many dogs you have, don't even try to tell us there is religIrish outrage over NY Times pigeon-eating and desperate economic times article
wounded brain with another pearl of bigotry and racism.Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent says Immigrant Council
At a minimum wage of €8.65 per hour (according to Barry), no one would prefer to be on the dole, and even those earning the minimum contribute to