10,000 faithful disappointed as Virgin Mary fails to show at Knock
Organizer claims he saw Our Lady and that she revealed a 'secret' message
- News / Journalist challenges original miraculous sighting of Virgin Mary at Knock in 1879 / Click here
- Father Tim column / Virgin Mary was in Ireland, but Irish Catholic Church was missing in action / Click here
- Video / Apparition of the Virgin Mary at Knock shrine / Click here
- Susan Boyle/ How Knock shrine changed her life /Click here
More than 10,000 people were left disappointed in Ireland Saturday as the Virgin Mary failed to appear as predicted at Knock Basilica.
By 3 p.m. Irish time (10 a.m. EST) about 7,000 people had crammed into the Basilica with a further 3,000 people outside.
Dubliner Joe Coleman, the man who had predicted the apparition left the Basilica at about 4 p.m. saying he had seen Our Lady as anticipated.
Coleman, who says he is “a visionary of our Blessed Mother” said he had also received communication from the Virgin Mary.
However, he said he was unwilling to reveal the message.
Speaking earlier this week Coleman had he warned that the visitation would only be visible “to people who come with an open heart”.
Earlier this month an estimated 5,000 gathered at Knock Shrine with some people claiming to have seen the sun dancing in the sky.
Mr Coleman said the Virgin Mary had asked him to recite the Rosary with a priest in the Basilica and he said he was disappointed that the Catholic Church had declined to make one available.
Also speaking earlier this week, the Archbishop of Tuam, Dr Michael Neary, said such gatherings were not condoned by the Church.
“It is not healthy, does not give glory to God and . . . is not good witness to the faith to be looking for extraordinary phenomena,” he said.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
was a scene in the film " the treaty" where Brendan Gleason as collins said that although we werent going to be a great power,we could makeNelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning its arms during 2000 talks
Mandela would have sold his Soul to have kept the support of the Western Media. The Republican Irish were not fighting Racist Apartheid; They were wagGay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
Lol, check out the comments below. The rural culchies and donkeys are getting their panties in a bunch over this. Bocktherobber takes the cake though,An open letter in strong defence of capitalism to Pope Francis
Curitiba - Thank you. I know. In the US, however and in Ireland where I live part time, a surprising number of people do not realise that.