David Norris scandals continue - new book alleges affair with young Trinity student
New biography details love life of senator
Presidential candidate, David Norris had a six month relationship with a former pupil, a new book about the independent senator claims.
Entitled “The Cities Of David”, the new book claims that Norris became a serial dater after his relationship with Ezra Nawi ended.
Written by Victoria Freedman, a former Trinity College colleague of Norris, the book also claims he was warned by the IRA that his life was under threat.
According to the book, Norris was “on the rebound” from his former partner when he "fell hook, line, and sinker" for a 20-year-old student.
New revelations rock the David Norris election campaign
Senator David Norris says he is ‘still in love’ with convicted rapist
Senator David Norris wins a place in the Irish presidential race
Freedman wrote: "David was teaching a twice-weekly course outside Trinity to help out a friend. One of his students was brilliant -- a tall, blond, all-American, square-jawed, young and obviously taken with David".
"Their sexual relationship lasted six months, until his lover returned to America and became engaged."
The biography also details how Norris returned to his office one day to find his secetray in tears over a letter from the IRA which warned him that he would be executed if he did not leave Ireland.
In response, the outspoken senator went to the Sinn Fein offices and told a well-known republican:
"Would you mind not sending me any more of this material because my secretary finds it deeply disturbing. If you must execute me, why don't you telephone and make an appointment? I'm just around the corner in North Great George's Street."
The senator’s spokesman declined to comment on the new book.
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- New reports suggest Robert F Kennedy’s wife...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'
- Young people worst affected by Ireland’s...
- Prospects for immigration reform bill are...
- Disgraced Cardinal Keith O’Brien leaves Scotlan
- Ten castles to rent in Ireland for a vacation...