Congressman Peter King slams supporters of fellow GOP Senator Ted Cruz
‘I haven’t heard such vile, profane, obscene language,’ says King
Irish American Congressman Peter King has slammed supporters of fellow Republican Senator Ted Cruz who have been calling his office with hostile messages after he had been critical of Cruz’s stance on shutting down the government. King, a potential presidential candidate himself, is Co-Chair of the Ad Hoc Friends of Ireland in Congress.
“The vehemence of the phone calls coming into the office. I don’t care, people can call me whatever they want … I haven’t heard such vile, profane, obscene language,” King said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” on Thursday.
“I’m not saying Ted Cruz is responsible for all his supporters, but he has tapped into a dark strain here in the American political psyche here, and again, the most obscene, profane stuff you can imagine all from people who say they support the Constitution,” King said.
“I think what we have to do is reach out to his people and let them know that they’re following a false leader here.”
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
Curitiba/Eamonn. My understanding of current DNA findings - - Scotland/ Wales/ Cornwall are recognised as 'Celtic' countries. Prior to the Roman OccupNo Irish prosecution for man named as world’s largest child porn kingpin
The rule of law must prevail. If there are grounds for charges and reasonable liklihood of conviction then the charges should be brought. But untilRacist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent says Immigrant Council
Regardless of economic situations or skews in immigration there is absolutly no excuse for racism . It is evil at its core. SLowing down immigratioDublin cops foil hit on drug kingpin John Gilligan, warn ex-con his life is in danger
The huge harm of people like him has destroyed lives across Ireland. Veronic Guerin was murdered in cold blood for reporting on his activities. He