81-year-old who started Mass boycott will run in Ireland’s elections
Mother of six to contest election
The Cork woman who originally called for people to boycott Sunday Mass has announced she will run in the upcoming general election in Ireland for the Green Party.
Jennifer Sleeman from Clonakilty will run as a Green Party candidate after accepting an invitation to represent the party in Cork South West.
A long-time member of the party, the 81-year-old counts climate change and over-dependence on fossil fuels as her top priorities.
“I support the Greens because they are the party that gives priority to things I think are important for my children’s future,” she said.
Sleeman, who has six children, 13 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren, intends to run as a paper candidate, which means she will not canvas doorsteps or appear in posters during the run up to the election.
A well known environmentalist, the Cork woman played an instrumental role in securing Clonakilty as the first Fair Trade town in Ireland.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
Dear Holla I find it wrong to withhold services to any group. Not a baker but have done work on many weddings. I reserve the right however to turn dowGay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
Dear Stan please not to put your words in my mouth, I do like you tolerance though to "these people". Seems like you practice what you findAdolf Hitler loved Irish folk music
This is a wonderful find. I've always loved Irish/Celtic music and am honored, albeit not surprised, that the great Adolf Hitler was likewise a fan.Man raped fiancee after they bought engagement ring court hears
He thought he bought a license