237 accusations of sexual abuse with the Catholic Church in Ireland this year
Allegations continue to rise as more funding is needed to deal with complaints
Ireland’s National Board for Safeguarding Children in the Catholic Church (NBSCCC) has revealed that 237 new abuse claims involving 196 priests and members of religious orders have been made within the last 12 months.
Ian Elliott, chief executive of the group, says they need more funding to cope with the volume of complaints.
He told the Evening Herald, “We noted in our last annual report that we had received a large number of requests for advice both from religious bodies and dioceses.
"Existing advisory panels were also providing support, but we took the view that an additional resource to support ordinaries faced with challenging safeguarding concerns should be created.
"On a pilot basis, the National Case Management Reference Group (NCMRG) has been set up to address that need."
After its first full year the group received more requests than it had expected and the numbers continue to rise.
He added, “Innovations designed to facilitate that workload, including the establishment of the NCMRG, were prominent”.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
I find it funny how "DaddyMac22" is in fact Cormac the afterbirth but he refuses to identify himself properly. Ashamed, no doubt, of his ownGay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
I don't really care about baking, what caught my eye is the typical radical liberal notion that anyone who disagrees with your position is a bigot.Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital as father calls for inquest
monsters in that apartheid sliver of death.Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
About 20 years ago, I went into the restroom at a restaurant where I was a frequent customer. As I opened the door, a young male claimed that I hit hi