More affairs by Iris Robinson alleged
Tawdry tales spill out of other dangerous liaisons
- News / Insiders say First Minister Peter Robinson unlikely to survive crisis / Click here
- News / Ian Paisley's rage over Robinson affairs / Click here
- News / Iris Robinson lover is now a gay pin up boy / Click here
- News / Father and son affair? Reports wife of Northern Irish leader had fling with teen lover's father / Click here
New allegations of affairs by the wife of Peter Robinson Northern Ireland's First Minister have surfaced following the shock revelations last week that she had a relationship with a 19-year-old boy, the son of a close friend who she is also said to have slept with.
Iris Robinson resigned and admitted she had attempted suicide after the affair with Kirk McCambley, the youth she also got a $100,000 loan for to start his new restaurant business. That loan is now being investigated.
The Sunday Tribune newspaper has now reported that while her husband was being held in jail in the Irish Republic, Robinson had an affair with a high-ranking member of the Democratic Unionist Party.
"The Sunday Tribune has been told she previously had an affair with McCambley's father, Billy, who had a drink problem. There was another affair in the 1980s with a DUP member. After Peter Robinson led a loyalist invasion into Clontibret, Co Monaghan, the RUC withdrew security from his east Belfast home. Off-duty security force members provided the Robinsons with protection. The DUP member, whose name is known to this newspaper, regularly visited Iris when Peter wasn't at home. They had numerous sexual encounters. We are not publishing his name to protect his privacy," the newspaper claims.
The newspaper also reported that she also claimed that Catholic workers in a restaurant once tried to poison her husband.
"We have to be very careful. About 10 years ago, we had a meal in a restaurant on the outskirts of Belfast that had a very nationalist staff. Peter ordered steak. They put rat poison in it. He suffered bleeding and was extremely sick."
The newspaper also reported that she went to the Reverend Ian Paisley to try and save her marriage. "Sources have also said Iris once visited the Reverend Ian Paisley and said she wanted to leave Peter. Paisley advised her to try to make the marriage work for the sake of their children," the Sunday Tribune reported.
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Dublin cops foil hit on drug kingpin John...
A bit of sleight of hand, I think. Rather than look into cleaning up the economy in the US, they'd rather try to find someone worse off. I wonder if tOffensive NFL sign outside restaurant just a symptom of a larger problem
Hi Chuck, if we get rid of red, what will Carl Rove do? After all it was his idea to associate red with the Republican Party.How Christmas was in my father’s time
I don't mean to be rude but I am aghast as to why your Father walked barefoot in the middle of Winter & also such a distance as every small villagHow the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed since the financial collapse
I BET YOU ENDAS FRIEND DENNIS O BRIAN WHO OWNES THE "INDEPENDENT" GOVERNMENT RAG WILL NOT REPORT ON THISAS IT REMINDS PEOPLE JUST HOW CORRUP