$70 million investment in 84 Ireland-based by Irish venture capital firms
Minister Richard Bruton says Silicon Valley has show Ireland the key role venture capital can play in growth
The Enterprise Ireland Seed & Venture Capital Programme 2012 Report launched this week by Jobs Minister Richard Bruton, shows a rise in the level and value of activity in 2012 in venture capital funds.
Launching the report, Minister Bruton said, “A key part of the Government’s Action Plan for Jobs and a commitment in the Programme for Government is building a stronger and more dynamic venture capital industry in Ireland. International experience from Silicon Valley and elsewhere shows venture capital can play a key part in ensuring access to mentoring and networks as well as the funding that supports the growth of these companies.
The report shows the following:
- In 2012 these Funds made 135 investments with an investment value of $70 million (€54 million) in Irish-based companies, representing an increase of $14.5 million (€11 million) (26%) on the amount invested in 2011.
- Overall, Irish venture capital firms supported by Enterprise Ireland made 159 investments in 105 companies with a value of $106 million (€81 million) in 2012.
- The total funds under management by seed and venture funds under Enterprise Ireland’s Seed & Venture Capital Programmes reached €636 million by end 2012.
- The venture capital sector plays a vital role in supporting innovative companies to grow, expand internationally and create jobs. A strong feature of the past 18 months has been the continuing increase in venture capital funding being made available to meet the urgent need for capital.
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Dublin cops foil hit on drug kingpin John...
Despite their lack of Political Correctness in some circles, over 90 percent of today's marriages are between one man and one woman. Maybe those of uPope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny” calls on leaders to fight poverty
"Obama and Kenny are baby killers" what asinine crap some people spew on IC.Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning its arms during 2000 talks
Sinn Fein never wanted or asked for a state based on any religious tenets.Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay bigots
Anyone mention protection? Or is seanomelb, once again, showing off his 4th grade reading comprehension?