- We’re total abortion hypocrites - proposals for new legislation were laughable...
- Saving lives with Reilly – Irish Health Minister takes on sacred cows - A different kind o...
- Health Minister seeks report after boy dies after falling into flood waters in County Cork...
- Three in a bed charity defends its online sex advice to Irish teenagers...
- Irish ministers SpunOut over sex ed article on threesomes...
- Three in a bed sex advice for young teens is funded by Irish health service...
You can't storm the dance floor without blasting Hot ChipHeading to Alberta this weekend for the Wild Rose Feis or Florida for the Orlando Feis? How about Arizona for the Tucson Feis or Quebec City for Feis ... FULL STORY >
We're dreaming up a winning weekend with Midi MatildaHeading to Massachusetts this weekend for the Cape Cod Feis or New York for the Sheahan-Gormley Orance County Feis? How about California for the ... FULL STORY >
Exclusive interview with dance performance group Fusion Fighters who combine Irish, tap, African gumboot, and hip hop - VIDEO
Fusion Fighters New on the dance performance scene are a group who call themselves the Fusion Fighters. Wearing custom tap shoes and masks, these dancers combine Irish, tap, African gumboot, and hip hop, in an effort to push the limits of how each of these separate dance forms have traditionally been ... FULL STORY >
Mika's making us love this weekendHeading to Georgia this weekend for the Peach State Feis or Ontario for the Forest City Feis? How about Wisconsin for the Wisconsin Spring Feis or New Jersey for the Shea-Jennings School ... FULL STORY >
Irish dance group Prodijig are saving the world in a new science fiction dance show called “Footstrom.” FULL STORY >
Of Monsters and Men is carrying us through this weekend's feis mayhemHeading to Alberta, Canada this weekend for the Mattierin Spring “Feis In The Park” or Utah for Feis SLC? How about Minnesota for the Minneapolis Feis or Florida for the South Florida ... FULL STORY >
The Irish dance community around the country is rallying around Jane Richard, the seven-year-old budding Irish dancer who lost her leg in the Boston Marathon terror attacks and remains hospitalized in critical condition. FULL STORY >
Christy Dorrity 19 pounds loston the Irish Dance DietPhoto: Christy DorrityWhen people ask me how much weight I've lost, I cringe. I've lost a bit more than 10 pounds since Thanksgiving, and that's pretty slow going for the amount of work I'm putting into ... FULL STORY >
Mollie McCabe, of Buffalo, N.Y., Irish step dances along the shores of Lake Erie in her "Heartbeat of Home" audition ... FULL STORY >
Riverdance in bid to break world record for longest Irish dancing line to mark The Gathering - VIDEO
Riverdance-The Gathering is asking for help from attendees who want to be apart of an attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the longest Irish dancing line. FULL STORY >
Taipei Irish Dance Academy at the first Taipei Feis in Taiwan Photo: courtesy Yi-han Hsiao Yi-han Hsiao TCRG, and Ronan Morgan TCRG founded the Taipei Irish Dance Academy in 2006. In November they hosted the first open feis competition in Asia, and recently sent their first World qualifier to the World Irish dance competition in Boston, ... FULL STORY >
Performance-ready Irish dancers Photo: deviantART user ukapala April is a big month for many Irish dance organizations. The World Irish Dance Competition in Boston for An Coimisuin dancers, and the World and European Irish dance competition in Germany for WIDA are both held in ... FULL STORY >
Before “Riverdance” leapt onto the world stage, Irish step dance laid the groundwork. Since dance was a cultural representation, there was pressure to ensure it was an accurate representation of Irish culture. The globalization of Irish dance created tension between Ireland and the Diaspora over authenticity. FULL STORY >
Prodijig, winners of Sky1's "Got to Dance," claim the No. 1 spot on our ... FULL STORY >
Mary Kay Heneghan and 2011 national Irish dance champion Emily Marino. Photo by Tony ... FULL STORY >
Sean-nós Irish dancersIrish dance has become almost synonymous with Riverdance -- the long line of dancers all tapping in unison, arms tightly pinned at their sides, pointed toes kicking high into the sky -- but that particular style of Irish dance is by no means the only form in existence today.Sean-nós, or “old style,” dancing varies widely in style throughout Ireland, but its generally accepted characteristics -- arms loose, feet low to the ground, focus on percussive beats battered out by leather-soled shoes -- predate the more competitive, rigid style of step dancing popularized by Riverdance and documentary film ... FULL STORY >
- Riverdance producers announce new show “Heartbeat of Home’
- IrishCentral’s top ten Irish dance jokes - from makeup to numerical difficulties
- Wigging out at the Mid Atlantic Regional Oireachtas in Philadelphia
- Back at it - returning to Oireachtas 2012 to compete as adults in ceilis
- Top ten things every Irish dancer is thankful for this Thanksgiving
- Michael Flatley’s “Lord of the Dance” will return to North America in 2013 - VIDEO
- “Ireland - the Show” bring Irish music and dance to the stage - celebration of heritage, artistic expression and culture
- Flip yer wig: confessions of an Irish dance mom
- The O'Shea Chaplin Academy of Irish Dance performs at Fenway Park
- Recap of the 2011 North American Irish Dancing Championships - Part 3
- The 2011 North American Irish Dancing Championships big winners
- Top competitors at the 2011 North American Irish Dancing Championships
- Boston fans' last chance to see global sensation "Riverdance"
- “Riverdance” steps back to Boston for its final curtain call - Win tickets with IrishCentral
- A look back at 2011’s top ten North American male Irish dancers
- World Irish Dancing Championships 2012 preview
- Jewish black kid is new "Lord of the Dance"
- An Irish dancer’s St. Patrick’s Day - mixing business and pleasure in the month of March
- Inishfree New York honors World Champion Paige Turilli - PHOTOS
- Teelin Irish Dance Company pushes boundaries with “StepDance”
- North American Irish dance master Karl Drake expands to China
- Stephanie Cadman and Celtic Blaze fire up Adelphi's Performing Arts Center - VIDEO
- Teelin Irish Dance Company premieres "StepDance" - VIDEO
- Last dance for “Riverdance” as show says farewell to America after 16 years
- North American Irish dancers clean up at the All-Ireland Irish Dancing Championships
Most Popular Irish Dance
- Something for everyone at Gaelic Park’s Irish Festival in Chicago...
- Start your feis-filled weekend with these songs - VIDEOS...
- Second Scranton Celtic Festival to build on fun and success with great acts and activities...
- The Jersey Shore is back after Hurricane Sandy - The Irish Festival kicks off...
- The songs you must play before dancing this weekend - VIDEOS...
- Irish American comedian Colin Quinn to headline for New York Irish Center’s fundraiser ...
- Jane Richard, Irish dancer injured in Boston Marathon, undergoes 11th leg surgery...
- Boston Mayor Thomas Menino pays tribute to Irish who helped in bombing aftermath...
- Exclusive interview with dance performance group Fusion Fighters who combine Irish, tap, A...
- New Irish festival GaelFest to showcase music, dance, sports, arts and literature...