‘Britain’s Got Talent’ star Susan Boyle's life story to be subject of a new musical - VIDEO
World famous singer’s real-life ‘fairytale’ told be told on stage
The 50-year-old singing sensation – who shot to fame on Simon Cowell's talent search show 'Britain's Got Talent' in 2009 before going on to sell more than 14 million albums worldwide – will see her inspirational tale take to the stage in 2012 in the international stage production 'I Dreamed A Dream.'
Susan, who will be portrayed by 'Rab C. Nesbitt' actress Elaine C Smith, is thrilled at the prospect of seeing her life turned into a worldwide musical.
She said: "I am happy that the musical is being produced, I never thought my life story would end up on the stage but a lot has happened in two years and it is a very exciting prospect. I hope everyone enjoys the show and I promise there will be a few surprises along the way."
Visit Susan Boyle's profile page
Susan Boyle sold 14 million albums in 14 months
Meanwhile, producer Michael Harrison claimed the brand new musical will have all the qualities of a real-life "fairytale."
He added: "She is an inspiring woman and her story is an excellent one to tell - someone with a raw talent who surprises the world and overturns all the odds to make a new life for herself.
"It's got all the qualities of a fairytale, but with the added bonus of being absolutely true. I am looking forward to the tour very much."
‘I Dreamed A Dream' will open at Newcastle’s Theatre Royal on March 23 2012 before going on tour.
Tickets for the Newcastle shows will go on sale on July 7.
No further dates have yet been announced.
Here’s some footage of Boyle singing for the Pope last year:
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Obama relative gets personal special deal...
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Amazing story of how Choctaw Indians raised...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- 'Danny Boy' turns 100 and the experts explain...
- Sarah Jessica Parker opens her heart to grievin
- Most Americans are in favor of immigration...
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...