'Twilight' star Pattinson may be in N.Y. Police Department's spotlight
Security sources worried about actor's safety
- PHOTO GALLERY / ON THE SET OF 'REMEMBER ME' / CLICK HERE
- STORY / FANS RAVE ABOUT BROSNAN AS PATTINSON HIDES IN TRAILER / CLICK HERE
- STORY / WHY PATTINSON NEEDS TO HIRE A LOOKALIKE IN NYC / CLICK HERE
Sources in the New York City Police Department have told IrishCentral that the "security situation" with "Twilight" star Robert Pattinson has gotten "out of control," and cops are planning on assuming more-stringent control over the young actor's security when he is in town.
"Enough is enough," said a highly-placed official at Police Headquarters. "His security people aren't up to the task of keeping him safe, and they have no idea how to deal with the crowds this guy attracts." The source pointed to a well-publicized incident in which Pattinson ran from a crowd of admirers and was slightly injured when he was struck by a taxi.
"That's amateur hour," the police spokesman said. "We have celebrities a lot bigger than this guy who can come and go in perfect safety because we know how to take the right precautions. We have presidents and kings come and go. This poor kid can't get in or out of a car without things getting dangerous."
The police source confirmed what IrishCentral has been told by other members of the department — that "Pattinson's people" want to be in full charge of the actor, his travels through the city, the sets used for various shoots, and all security matters involved. But it seems that they underestimated fans' rabid interest in the handsome star, who has complained that fans get close enough to tousle his hair and grab his clothing.
Pattinson himself is reportedly very troubled by the close proximity to fans in which he must work, and has complained that they are able to find what hotels he stays at and what restaurants he dines in.
Police said they were particularly concerned about the so-called "Twiheads" — fans who have so completely embraced the vampire theme of "Twilight," and who have confronted the actor asking for his blood and even cut themselves so they can bleed for him.
The Department has long experience in the protection of the hundreds of recognizable celebrities who live and work in the city, and while the Mayor's Office has a special and well-regarded film and motion-picture office and works to coordinate the needs of a studio with the demands of public safety, the police have ultimate responsibility for keeping the peace.
Apparently, they believe it's time they reminded the Summit Entertainment security staffers who is in charge before a weird fan encounter turns into something more serious.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...