Top ten reasons to be thankful for special people this Thanksgiving
Here is my annual list of smart Irish people to be thankful for this year
1. Daniel Day Lewis: Brilliant portrayal of Lincoln will bring America’s greatest president to life for future generations
2. Liam Neeson: Proving at 60 he can still be an action star gives hope to all the old fogies out there.
3. Rex Ryan: So big, fat and out of control it is like looking at a car crash every week, but we can’t stop watching.
4. Brian Kelly: For putting the fight back in the Fighting Irish and making them the greatest team in college football once again.
5. Maureen Dowd: For the most acerbic pen in journalism and also the most talented.
6. Joe Biden: Only because Saturday Night Live would not be half as good without him.
7. Jean Kennedy Smith: Last of the Kennedys, a living legend, and still a major presence in her grand nephew’s campaign for Congress. Think of all that political knowledge.
8. Cardinal Timothy Dolan: Has that Irish humor and good grace that makes him perfect for larger than life New York.
Read More:Cardinal Timothy Dolan commends the people of New York for coming together during Sandy
9. Bill O’Reilly: Because he doesn’t take it all quite as seriously as he appears to.
10. Bill Maher: Because he’s the funniest and sharpest guy on TV.
Read More top ten stories here
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra