Ryan O'Neal's son trying to stay clean from drugs
Ryan O'Neal and Farrah Fawcett’s son is making good progress in his treatment for drug addiction.
Redmond O’Neal — son of late actress Farrah and her long-term Irish American partner — was praised by judge Michael Tynan yesterday for his efforts to get clean.
The judge told Redmond: “I told you to turn it around, and it looks like you did."
The 24-year-old actor replied: “I have been doing treatment for a while your honor. I want to do something different. I want to stay clean.”
Redmond has a history of drug problems, and was arrested in September 2008 along with his father after authorities found methamphetamine at the actor's Malibu home during a probation check on Redmond.
The aspiring actor was then arrested in April this year for taking drugs into jail. He was bailed but then later jailed on separate charges.
While in prison he was unable to comfort his dying mother, although he was allowed out to visit her once shortly before she passed away from cancer in June.
In accordance with his sentence he is presently in a residential treatment facility in Pasadena, California.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.