Roisin Murphy: Lady Gaga stole my look!
- Photo gallery / Did Gaga steal Murphy's style? You be the judge / Click here
- Story / Lady Gaga loves Ireland - and her Irish whiskey / Click here
- Story / Roisin Murphy pregnant with first child / Click here
“It” girl Lady Gaga is famous for two things: her chart topping dance songs and her wacky fashion sense.
Fashionistas have labeled the pop star a style icon and innovator in the fashion world, but Irish singer Roisin Murphy claims the only thing original about Gaga is that she doesn’t wear pants.
Murphy called Gaga a fraud, and says she stole her look.
The former British band Moloko frontwoman and successful solo artist recently told the Daily Mail: "She's copied my style. I met her about a year ago before she got really big and I had no clue that this was all going to happen. She wasn't wearing shoulder pads at the time, and I was."
The Arklow, County Wicklow born singer is furious that the American songstress claims her oversized hats, thigh-high boots and hooded cloaks are all part of her original style.
"Lady Gaga is just a poor imitation of me," Murphy said. "She has copied my style, she took my shoulder pads and all that. Mind you she doesn't wear the bottom half!"
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas