Michael Fassbender as you’ve never seen him before - alongside Maggie Gyllenhaal and Domhnall Gleeson in 'Frank'
'Frank' to film in New Mexico and Ireland
You'll never guess who the man in the middle is so we won’t even make you try – it’s Michael Fassbender as you’ve never seen him, in character for his new role as the lead in a film called Frank, currently shooting in New Mexico.
That’s Maggie Gyllenhaal on one side of Fass, and fellow Irish actor Domhnall Gleeson, son of Brendan, on the other. Frank, directed by Irishman Lenny Abrahamson, is a comedy loosely based on the life of English musician Chris Sievey, who also created a comic persona for himself by the name of Frank Sidebottom – complete with cartoonish face.
Fassbender will appear with the funny face throughout the film, according to producer Ed Guiney.
"Michael is Michael after all, even with a fiberglass head on. He keeps the head on for all the scenes in the film. Everyone's just got used to it," Guiney told the Irish Independent from location in New Mexico, where filming started last Friday.
Entertainment.ie says Frank is about “a young wannabe musician called Jon (Gleeson) who finds himself a little out of his depth among a band of eccentric pop musicians led by the mysterious titular character, Frank (Fassbender).”
The film’s budget is pegged at €5 million, and production will eventually shift to Ireland. (Fassbender was raised in Killarney, Co. Kerry by his Irish mother and German dad). It’s due for release later this year.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.