Irish model Lisa Nolan cast in ‘Game of Thrones’ - VIDEOS
Headhunted for new role in HBO series
An Irish model has landed her acting debut on the medieval series “Game of Thrones”.
The Dublin model told the Evening Herald that series producers discovered her head shots online and asked her to star in the show.
The brunette Assets model will play the part of the king’s mistress and will star alongside Sean Bean and Lena Headey. The second series is currently filming in Belfast and is based on George R.R. Martin’s popular “A Song of Ice and Fire” series of fantasy novels.
'Game of Thrones' appeals for bearded extras in Belfast
HBO’s ‘Game of Thrones’ transforms Northern Ireland landscape
Sean Bean on 'Game of Thrones' season premiere- VIDEO
Nolan revealed to the Herald: "They scouted me out online. They were looking for a girl with long dark hair. I will be playing the king's mistress on the side for a few days. I can't wait.
"I just had a fitting and I met all of the cast. We are shooting inside a castle."
The 21-year-old is shooting her scenes for the film this week but despite been asked to go topless, has vowed to remain fully clothed.
"When I got hired for the part I was told that I would be topless and I wasn't happy about that at all.
"I would never do something like that I have to think of my family," she said.
Here's the "Game of Thrones" teaser clip from Comic Con this summer:
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities
- Government minister calls for investigation...
- Irishman John Downey arrested for 1982 IRA...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- Amnesty International says Ireland’s abortion...
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Calls for Irish Justice Minister to resign...
- New book ‘John F. Kennedy - Among the Germans’.
- Irish finance minister says US Senate are...