Irish 'Mildred Pierce' actor Brian O’Byrne nominated for Emmy
Nominated for 'Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie'
Nominations were announced Thursday morning in Los Angeles for the 63rd annual Emmy awards and Irish actor, Brian F O'Byrne is nominated for the “Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie” for his role as Bert Pierce in the TV mini-series, “Mildred Pierce.”
The actor plays Mildred’s estranged husband in the HBO series, and stars alongside Kate Winslet. O’Byrne will be competing against Tom Wilkinson from “The Kennedys,” his co-stars Guy Pearce and James Wood and Paul Giamatti from “Too Big to Fail.”
Jane Lynch will host the 63rd annual Emmy Awards
Brendan Gleeson: The Good, the Bad and the Funny
'Modern Family's' Ed O'Neil slams 'Glee's' Jane Lynch's Emmy Award
The Irish actor added one more award that helped place “Mildred Pierce” at the top of this year’s Primetime Emmy nominations. The show garnered a total of 21 nominations including lead actress for Winslet and was followed by hit series “Mad Men” with 19 nominations.
O’Byrne is not the only Irish hopeful for the awards ceremony as the Irish filmed HBO epic ‘Game of Thrones’ was also nominated in a total of 13 categories.
The Emmy awards will take place on Sunday, September 18. Tune in to find out if the “Million Dollar Baby” Irish actor takes home the award for “Outstanding Supporting Actor.”
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas